Appointment Letter Format
An appointment letter or employment letter is a formal letter provided in writing to a candidate joining for employment. Appointment letters are usually provided after offer letter on the first day of the candidate starting work. The appointment letter describes in detail the position offered, salary, benefits, confidentiality policy, work policy, starting date, and important information about the employment. The candidate usually would receive the appointment letter on the first day after beginning employment and would return a signed copy back to the employer indicating acceptance of the appointment letter.
When Appointment Letter is Provided?
This appointment letter format can be used by a HR Manager of the Company or Manager of a Company offering a job to a prospective candidate. The appointment letter puts formally and in writing all else that was still left unsaid at the time of employment, fills in the blanks and connects the dots about any questions or details the employee may still have had and gives him a feel about the daily work and day to day responsibilities expected of him.
Appointment letters are provided on the day of joining of the employee, printed on the letter head of the business. One copy of the mutually signed appointment letter is retained by the Employer, while another signed document is retained by the Employee.
How to Write an Appointment Letter?
Appointment letters are always printed on the letterhead of the company and signed by the Management, HR Manager or the person authorized to hire the candidate.
The appointment letter format should follow a formal business format because it is a legally binding document. The job appointment letter marks the beginning of an employee’s journey and should signify the origin of something new and exciting. The tone of the letter should instill expectations but clearly present the agreed upon terms of employment.
Open on a congratulatory note and end with a warm welcome, but make sure the body of the letter contains the exact details of the offer. Remember to mention essential start information, like job title, start date, start time, office location, rate of pay and the name of the immediate superior. If the company requires background checks for new employees, prior to employment, make sure that this is stated clearly in the letter. It would be a good idea to let your legal team have a quick glance at the letter before you send it to the candidate.
Download Appointment Letter
Appointment Letter Format: An appointment letter is an official letter which is issued by the organization when a person is found eligible for a given vacancy. An appointment letter should clearly mention all the terms and conditions on which an employee is hired. Download Appointment Letter Format. joining letter format doc or word format
Appointment Letter Format
Dear << Full Name>>
We are pleased to confirm your appointment in our company with effect from <<Date>>
Here below are the terms of your appointment:
Your present position will be that of <<Designation offered>> to be posted at our <<Location>> office.The company may however reassign and/or transfer you to any other similar position in the company,anywhere in India or abroad .You will be expected to undertake such reasonable duties,as the company shall from time to time determine.You may also be required to perform duties for other group companies if necessary.
Your salary,allowance and re-imbursements of expenses will be as per details attached to this letter and marked as Annexure
You,your spouse(if dependent),dependent children and dependent parents will be covered at company’ s expense under the Mediclaim Insurance policy/ESI,as applicable.Your medical expenses not covered under the mediclaim policy will be re-imbursed subject to the rules of the company
Six months/One year probationary period after which there will be a review of your performance.
For employees in senior levels(starting from Assistant Manager) /Faculty/Teachers ,during probation the notice period will be one month; and after confirmation of employment the notice period will be 3 calendar months.For employees in Junior Level & Mid –Level Management(Executives/Assistant) ,during probation ,the notice period will be 15 calendar days; and after confirmation the notice period will be one calendar month. A resigned employee would have to serve the entire period of notice ,and would not be allowed to surrender leave or pay salary in lieu of notice.The company may however ,at its discretion ,decide to relieve the employee immediately on resignation
Retirement (IF APPLICABLE HERE) : You will retire from the Company’s services after attaining 60 years of age
All payments to you under the terms of employment are subject to deduction at source under the Income Tax Act and other encashments that may be in force from time to time.The company will also be entitled to deduct from the payments due to you,any dues payable by you to the company.
The position held by you is of a strictly confidential nature.You shall not disclose to any unauthorized person,either during or after your employment with the company,for any reasons,any information about the interest or business of the company or any affiliated companies.You shall not communicate to any public papers ,journals or cause to be disclosed at any time,any information or documents ,official or otherwise relating to the company except with prior approval of the management
Outside Employment :
While in the employment of the company ,you are in no way allowed to be employed in any other company on a temporary or part time basis or offer your services with or without pay to any person,legal entity or public authority or to be occupied in your own business without prior written consent of the company.
You confirm that you have disclosed fully to the company all of your business interests whether or not they are similar to or in conflict with the business interests, businesses or activities of the company and all circumstances in respect of which there is or there might be, a conflict of interest between the company and you or any immediate relative. You agree to disclose fully to the company any such interests or circumstances which may arise during your employment immediately upon such interest or circumstances arising
Rules & Regulations :
Your employment will be governed by rules and regulations and code of ethics laid down by the company.The company may make such rules/or lay out such procedures as may be deemed necessary for the implementation/ administration of the terms and conditions of your employment as stated in this letter with due intimation to you and the same will be binding on you.
General : Your employment will be subject to the following conditions:
Your employment will be subject to the following conditions :
- You being found medically fit by a doctor nominated by the company
- b) You furnishing copies of certificates of your qualifications and experiences
- c) Receiving satisfactory references and certificates from your previous employers,if any, as regards to your satisfactory performances and conduct
- d) Your furnishing the birth/school leaving certificate for proof of your age
We are delighted to have you in the company.Please indicate your understanding and acceptance of the above terms and conditions by signing and returning the duplicate copy of this letter.
For ________________ Pvt. Ltd.
19th November 2006
With reference to your application and subsequent interview with us, we are pleased to appoint you as Designation in our organization on the following terms and conditions.
Date of Joining: You have joined us on 13th November 2006.
Salary: Your Annual Total Employment Cost to the company would be ________ (Ten Lakh Twenty thousand rupees only) the details of which is been given in the Annexure attached below.
Place/Transfer: Your present place of work will be at Place, but during the course of the service, you shall be liable to be posted / transferred anywhere to serve any of the Company’s Projects or any other establishment in India or outside, at the sole discretion of the Management.
Probation/Confirmation: You will be on a Probation period for the Six months. Based on your performance your services will be confirmed with the company in written after six months.
During the probation period your services can be terminated with seven days notice on either side and without any reasons whatsoever. If your services are found satisfactory during the probation period, you will be confirmed in the present position and thereafter your services can be terminated on one month’s notice on either side.
Absence for a continuous period of ten days without prior approval of your superior, (including overstay on leave / training) would result in your losing your lien on the service and the same shall automatically come to an end without any notice or intimation.
Leave: You will be eligible to the benefits of the Company’s Leave Rules on your confirmation in the Company’s Service.
During the period of your employment with the Company, you will devote full time to the work of the Company. Further, you will not take up any other employment or assignment or any office, honorary or for any consideration, in cash or in kind or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Company.
1. You will not (except in the normal course of the Company’s business) publish any article or statement, deliver any lecture or broadcast or make any communication to the press, including magazine publication relating to the Company’s products or to any matter with which the Company may be concerned, unless you have previously applied to and obtained the written permission from the Company.
2. You will be required to maintain utmost secrecy in respect of Project documents, commercial offer, design documents, Project cost & Estimation, Technology, Software packages license, Company’s polices, Company’s patterns & Trade Mark and Company’s Human assets profile.
3. You will be required to comply with all such rules and regulations as the Company may frame from time to time.
4. Any of our technical or other important information which might come into your possession during the continuance of your service with us shall not be disclosed, divulged or made public by you even thereafter.
5. If at any time in our opinion, which is final in this matter you are found non- performer or guilty of fraud, dishonest, disobedience, disorderly behavior, negligence, indiscipline, absence from duty without permission or any other conduct considered by us deterrent to our interest or of violation of one or more terms of this letter, your services may be terminated without notice and on account of reason of any of the acts or omission the company shall be entitled to recover the damages from you.
6. You will not accept any present, commission or any sort of gratification in cash or kind from any person, party or firm or Company having dealing with the company and if you are offered any, you should immediately report the same to the Management.
7. This appointment letter is being issued to you on the basis of the information and particulars furnished by you in your application (including bio-data), at the time of your interview and subsequent discussions. If it transpires that you have made a false statement (or have not disclosed a material fact) resulting in your being offered this appointment, the Management may take such action as it deems fit in its sole discretion, including termination of your employment.
8. You will be responsible for safekeeping and return in good condition and order of all Company property, which may be in your use, custody or charge.
Please sign and return to the undersigned the duplicate copy of this letter signifying your acceptance.
We welcome you to The Company Name family and look forward to a fruitful collaboration.
With best wishes,
For Company Name.
Write the name of the employee on the other side of Company name and get it signed with them, print it in duplicate.
Acknowledgement & Acceptance
Dear Sir / Madam,
I have read and understood the above terms and conditions of employment and the implication thereof. I hereby accept the aforesaid terms and conditions and agree to abide by the same.
Download appointment letter free pdf
private company appointment letter format
Name: Mr. _______________,
Dear Name: ______________,
Please refer in the meeting we had with you. We are pleased to offer you an appointment in our company as “Team Leader”. You will be initially at Delhi on joining.
Your appointment will be subject to the terms and conditions indicated in “Annexure – A” attached and the Rules and Regulations of the company prevailing from time to time Details regarding your salary and other allowances & perquisites are indicated an Annexure – B.
We hope to provide you a challenging and rewarding Career ensuring a high level of job satisfaction and sample opportunities for career development.
Please return the duplicate copy of this letter duty signed as an acceptance of our offer of appointment along with terms of appointment (Annexure – A), details of perquisites (Annexure – B), your salary details (Annexure – C), duty executed by you.
With best wishes,
Chief Executive Officer
Terms of Appointment
Every appointment with be subject to the Rules and Regulations of M/s. ____________________, enforce and as amended from time to time. Where the company changes or introduces policies and procedures in relation to its staff members these will be deemed to apply to the employment.
Every employment will commence from the date of joining as mentioned in the Appointment letter. There will be a Probation period of three months and confirmation of employment will be based on satisfactory performance during this period.
During the probation period, the employment can be terminated by either party by giving one week’s notice. After the confirmation of employment the same may be terminated by either party by giving one month’s notice in writing or one month’s basic salary in lieu of notice should the circumstances warrant it.
The staff member will be liable to transfer to any place of business of the organization whether existing or acquired later on or from one department to another or from one discipline to another in the interest of the company.
The staff member may be retired on reaching the age of 58 years, if found necessary by the company.
Whilst employed with the company:
- The staff member shall not undertake any other employment or engage in any external activities without prior written approval of the company.
- The staff member shall carry out all duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time by the management and/or others authorized by the company to assign such duties and responsibilities.
- The staff member shall not at any time or times without the consent of the company in writing disclose divulge or make public except under legal obligations any of the process accounts transactions and dealings to the company whether the same is communicated and/or becomes known to the staff member in the course of services or otherwise. All information that comes to the knowledge of the staff member by reason of the employment with the company shall deem to be confidential.
- The staff member will be responsible for the safe keeping and return in good condition in of all company’s belongings which may be in your use custody or charge including proper handing over of the assignment (s) at hand.
- The staff member will keep us informed of any charge in the residential address as, the address mentioned in over CV will be deemed as residential address unless there is a written communication from you.
- All payments will be made in accordance with the income tax laws.
- The staff member shall be required to apply and maintain the highest standards of person conduct and integrity with all company policies and procedures.
The contract of appointment shall be deemed to have executed in the. National Capital Territory of Delhi and the staff member shall be under the administrative control of the Corporate as well as Head Office even though such staff member may be servicing outside Delhi. In case of any dispute or difference regarding terms and conditions of the appointment the cause of action would be deemed to have arisen with the Jurisdiction of the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
I shall abide by the above terms and conditions.
(Signature of Mr. ____,) Date: ______,
Details of Perquisites & Allowances:
Name – Mr. _______________
Designation – __________________
Grade – __________________
Location – __________________
Basic Salary – __________________
Date of Joining – __________________
Probation – Three months from the date of joining.
Confirmation – On successful completion of probationary period.
In addition to the basic salary mentioned in the Annexure – C of this letter, other allowances and benefits payable will be as unde.
|1. House Rent Allowance||00% of the Basic Salary|
|2. Leave Travel Allowance||Equivalent to half month’s basic salary per annum claimable only after completion of each year of continued service.|
|3. Medical Reimbursement||Half month’s basic salary per annum in the first year credited on six monthly basic for self and dependents as declared at the time of joining. Subsequently in second year and onward the medical reimbursement will be admissible @ one month basic salary.|
|4. Composite Reimbursement||Up to 00% basic salary one month at actual.|
Compos to reimbursement can be claimed under any of the following heads:
|1. Outfit Reimbursement||up to 00% basic salaries|
|2.Conveyance Reimbursement||Up to 00% Basic Salary which can be claimed every month as actual conveyance from home to office and back.|
|3. Association Benefit||In addition to the above you will also be eligible to a sum on Rs. _________/- on successful completion of 3 Years of continued service with M/s.______________,|
|4. Provident Fund||As per act.|
|5. E.S.I. if applicable||As per act.|
|6. Gratuity||As per act.|
|7. Onus||As per act.|
(Name: _________) (Signature of Mr.________)
Chief Executive Officer Date: ______,
private company appointment letter format doc
Name of the employee: _________________
Complete Address : _________________
Subject: Appointment Letter for the Post of (Mention Job Title)
Dear, (Use First name)
This is in reference to your Job application followed with the rounds of Interview had with us.
We are pleased to appoint you to the position of (Job Title) in our organization, with effect from ( mention date of joining on or before) on the following terms and conditions:
- You shall be on probation / training for one year from the date of commencement of your service which may be further extended at the discretion of the company. At the end of the probation / training period, if your services have been found satisfactory. Your appointment will be confirmed in writing by the organization. Notice period for either employer during probation will be a period of 30 days or salary in lieu of.
- Notice period from either employee or company after confirmation of employment will be a period of 45 days or salary on lieu of. In the cases, probation/training or confirmed employee, company reserves the right to your emplacement till alterative person is employed.
- Your employment is for Company Name___________ location, but the company may, at any time, at its sole discretion, transfer you to any other department or location, as deemed necessary by requirement.
- You will be subject to the Company’s rules and regulations for the time being in force and as amended from time to time.
- During the period of your employment, you shall not engage yourself directly or indirectly, with or without remuneration, for any other employment without written permission from the company.
- It is agreed that the company may from time to time add, modify or repeal any remuneration, benefit, facility that may have been extended to you on a review of the organization’s functioning, finances and prospects and you shall be bound by the organization’s decisions in this behalf.
- You shall not disclose any information of the company or any of its customers to anyone which may come to your knowledge.
- After tendering resignation from the company, an employee needs to return all company assets such as laptops etc in his/her possession.
- During the tenure of your employment with the company, you may be called upon to present yourself for a medical examination and decision taken by the management based on the findings of the report by the company appointed medical practitioner shall be binding on you.
- You are requested to confirm your acceptance of the terms of appointment herein above by signing and returning to us the duplicate of this letter.
I extend a warm welcome to you and wish you all the best for a successful career.
For (Mention the Company Name)
I have read the terms and conditions of this appointment and confirm my acceptance of the same.
(Signature and Date)
Name of the employee
simple appointment letter format in word free download
Name of the Appointee
City, State with Pin code
Dear _________ (Use the First name)
We (firm) are pleased to appoint you as (Mention job role) as per the following terms of appointment (Agreement)
- The firm hereby appoints the employee as an (mention job role) w.e.f. (mention date of joining) and the employee agrees to undertake and execute such responsibilities as may be delegated to him/her by the firm from time to time. The appointment shall be subject to a period of probation of six months from the date hereof. The period of probation shall be subject to reduction of extension at the sole discretion of the management. Employee’s retention beyond probation period will be strictly based on merit and performance. Probation shall be deemed complete only after the issuance of “confirmation letter” by the management.
- The place of employment shall be Delhi. However, depending on the time constraint within which the firm may have to provide services to its clients, the employee undertakes to make himself/herself available in respect of the business of the firm during such times
- Compensation and Remuneration
The employee shall be paid a monthy remuneration and reimbursed for the expenses incurred in relation to official work subject to the prevailing tax laws.
- Employee Undertakings, Commitments and Covenants
- The employee agrees that he/she shall perform his/her duties and undertake responsibilities within the mandate of work place and office policies of the Firm, as modified from time to time, at the discretion of the Firm, and shall use his/her sincere and dedicated efforts to effectively carry out all duties and responsibilities assigned to him/her by the manager/supervisor and others authorized by the Firm to assign such duties and responsibilities.
- Waiver. The rights of the Parties as under this agreement shall not be prejudiced or restricted by any indulgence or forbearance extended to another party. No waiver by any party in respect to breach shall operate as a waiver in respect of any subsequent breach
- Survival. The Employee hereby agrees that all terms relating to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property Rights, Non Compete and Consequences of termination shall survive termination of this agreement
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement together with other writings signed by the Parties expressly stated to be supplemental hereto and together with any instruments to be executed and delivered pursuant to this agreement, constitutes the agreement between the Parties and supersedes all prior understandings and writings, and may be amended or changed only by a writing signed by the Parties hereof.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This agreement shall be construed, interpreted and applied in accordance with, and shall be governed by the laws applicable in India. The courts at Delhi shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to entertain any dispute or suit arising out of or in relation to this Agreement.
- Your salary structure would be as follows:
|Total per month|
|Total per annum|
|PF Employer Contribution Per Annum|
|EX-Gratia (Per Annum)|
|Annual Cost to Company (CTC)|
Your salary shall be subject to statutory deductions as applicable from time to time and the allowances shall be subject to statutory variances if any.
For (Company Name)
Authorized Signatory ( Name & Designation)
I have read and understood the above emoluments and hereby confirm my acceptance of the same.
Name with Signature
employee appointment letter format
Dated_________ Name:-______________,Father’s Name:-_______,Address:-________________________________ SUBJECT:- APPOINTMENT TO THE POST OF______________ We are pleased to confirm that you are in our employment w.e.f. ____________________Presently you are in our employment as __________at a salary of Rs._______H.R.A. Rs. __________per month. Further you are in the service on the following terms and conditions: 1. That the services are liable to be terminated with one month notice or payment of salary in lieu thereof on either side. 2. On confirmation you will be further entitled to other benefits as may be admissible to other confirmed employees of your category. 3. That it will be the discretion of the Management to assign you any work and regulate the working hours the normal working hours or duties shall be 9 hours with one hours as rest. 4. You will be a full time employee of the ___________________________will not work any where else nor accept any payment in cash or kind from the other candidates / organization. 5. You will discharge your duties faithfully and observe the timings regulated by the Management from time to time. 6. That if any misconduct is alleged against you, you can be suspended from duty without wages. However, if you are held guilty of all or any of the charges leveled against you, you will be treated absent from duty during the period of suspension. 7. In all other matters included removal from service on discip;inary grounds or any other matter, you will be Governed by the ____________________________rules as in force or which may be enforced from time to time. 8. This office is subject to your being declared medically fit by our medical officer (Medical checkup) and verification of original certificates. 9. You are requested to sign the duplicate copy of this letter as a token for acceptance of the duties and responsibility as token of acceptance of the above terms and conditions.
I confirm the contents of the letter as correct and accept the Employees Service Rules of the Society. Signature of Employee