Similar to all Signal messages, voice and video calls are private as well . You will be prompted to grant the Camera and Microphone permissions the first time you make or receive a Signal call.
- Signal calls, both voice and video, are end-to-end encrypted.
- Voice and video are available on all Signal platforms – Android, iOS, and Desktop.
- Group calling is currently in beta testing.
Here’s how to start an encrypted one-to-one voice or video call:
- Select a one-to-one chat
- On iOS or Android, tap compose or then select a contact or enter a number.
- On Desktop, select a contact or enter a number in the search field.
- Select a contact or enter a number to open that conversation.
- Tap the phone icon to start a voice call or camera icon
- While on a call, tap the camera to show or hide video from your side of the call.
- Your call screen will show
- Calling – while waiting for the call to connect with your contact.
- Ringing – when your contact’s phone is online and ringing.
- Signal + timer – after your call has been answered.