Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
PM Modi has officially launched in September 2020 Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana through video conferencing in the presence of the Governor and Chief Minister of Bihar, along with Union Minister and MoS for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying.
During the period 2020-2022 to 2024-2025 estimated investment of Rs. 20,050 crores are going to be done by the Government for this scheme. Out of which Rs 12340 crores is proposed for beneficiary-oriented activities in Marine, Inland fisheries and Aquaculture, and about Rs. 7710 crores for Fisheries Infrastructure.
Major aim of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana:
- Enhancing fish production by an additional 70 lakh tonne till 2024-25,
- Increasing fisheries export earnings to Rs.1,00,000 crore,
- Doubling of incomes of fishers and fish
- Reducing post-harvest losses from 20-25% to about 10%
- Generation of additional 55 lakhs direct and indirect gainful employment opportunities in the fisheries sector and allied activities farmers,
PM Matsya Sampada Yojana
The Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman reported Rs 20,000 Crore Scheme, under Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana. It is to address basic framework holes for the fisheries area. This uplifting news comes as a piece of the third tranche of financial changes. Rs 11,000 crore will be spent on exercises in marine, inland fisheries and aquaculture. Rs 9000 crore will be utilized to assemble foundation, such as angling harbours and cold chain.
Details Of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
Name Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
Launched by Government of India
Objective Improving fishing channels and supporting fisherman
Official Website http://dof.gov.in/pmmsy
A total investment of Rs.1390 crore with Central Share of Rs. 535 crores to complete the additional fish production target pegged at 3 lakh tons. State Government has sanctioned for current financial year project cost of Rs.107.00 crore for major components like
Establishment of Re-circulatory Aquaculture System (RAS)
- Construction of Biofloc ponds for aquaculture,
- Finfish hatcheries,
- Construction of new ponds for aquaculture,
- Ornamental fish culture units,
- Installation of Cages in reservoirs/wetlands,
- Ice plants,
- Refrigerated vehicles,
- Motor cycle with ice box,
- Three-wheeler with ice box,
- Cycle with ice box,
- Fish feed plants,
- Extension and support services (Matsya Seva Kendra),
- Establishment of a Brood Bank, etc.
- Other inaugurations related to Fisheries sector
- Establishment of Fish Brood Bank at Sitamarhi,
- Establishment of Aquatic Disease Referral Laboratory at Kishanganj.
- Inaugurate One-unit fish feed mill at Madhepura under Blue Revolution.
- Inaugurate Two units of ‘Fish on Wheels’ assisted at Patna under the Blue Revolution.
- Inaugurate the Comprehensive Fish Production Technology Centre at Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University, Pusa, Bihar.
Benefits Of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana:
- The target of the plan is to enhance or increment horticulture, modernize handling and abatement agrarian waste, and to use the potential in the fishery area.
- The administration proposed the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) to build up a powerful fishery board structure and check holes in the worth chain.
- The government has clarified that ‘Blue Revolution’ or ‘Neeli Kranti’ can possibly achieve the primary spot on the planet in fish creation.
- It incorporates MoFPI’s plans, for example, Food Parks, Food Safety, and Infrastructure.
Components Of PMMSY
Implementation Of The Scheme
The government will have a spending plan of Rs. 6000 and is required to hold speculation of Rs. 31,400 crore. The treatment of around 334 lakh MT agro-produce esteeming Rs 1 lakh 4 thousand 125 crores. Around 2 million ranchers will have an advantage from the Matsya Sampada and will produce around 5 lakh 30 thousand immediate or backhanded work in the nation in 2019-2020. The administration has set an objective for fish creation and that is to accomplish the objective of 15 million tons by 2020 under the Blue Revolution and raise it to around 20 million tons by 2022-23.
Implementation guidelines Of Matsya Sampada Yojana
Operational guidelines for the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana have been released by the authorities on 30th June, 2020. Investment for this scheme made by the central government is Rs. 9407 crores, by state government is Rs. 4,880 crore and Rs. 5763 crores will be the beneficiary’s contribution.
Implementation guidelines are as follow:
- For the implementation of the scheme Cluster or area-based approach will be used to get optimal outcomes with requisite forward and backward linkages and end to end solutions.
- To enhance production and productivity, quality, productive utilization of wastelands and waters for Aquaculture various technologies like Re-circulatory Aquaculture Systems, Biofloc, Aquaponics, Cage Cultivation etc. will be used.
- In Brackish Water and Saline Areas, a special focus will be on Coldwater fisheries development and expansion of Aquaculture
- To generate huge employment opportunities, activities like Mariculture, Seaweed cultivation and Ornamental Fisheries would be promoted
- With area-specific development plans development in Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Islands, Northeast, and Inspirational Districts focus would be given for fisheries
- Coastal fisher community’s development would be done in a holistic manner by integrated modern coastal fishing villages with the necessary infrastructure in this scheme
- To increase the bargaining power of fishers and fish farmers Collectivization would be done through Fish Farmer Producer Organizations
- Aquaparks would be developed under the scheme as the hub of multifarious fisheries activities/facilities
- Establishment of Fisheries Incubation Centres (FICs) both through government and private sector would be supported under PMMSY
- Scheme aim is to build requisite convergence with Department of Agriculture Research and Education (DARE) and ICAR to strengthen Research and extension support services
- Duringban/lean period Annual Livelihood support would be provided to fishers etc.
objective of the Matsya Sampada Yojana
This scheme will improve the current framework of the chain from ranch entryway to retail outlet.
- PMMSY will expand the development of food preparing part in the nation.
- It will build GDP, Employment and venture.
- this Scheme help in decreasing the gigantic wastage of horticulture items.
- It will help in giving better costs to ranchers and twofold their salary.
- Saddling of fisheries potential in an economical, capable, comprehensive and evenhanded way
- Improving fish creation and efficiency through development, heightening, broadening and beneficial use of land and water
- Modernizing and reinforcing of meriting chain – post-reap the executives and quality improvement
- Multiplying fishers and fish ranchers earnings and age of work
- Improving commitment to Agriculture GVA and fares
- Social, physical and financial security for fishers and fish ranchers
- Active fisheries management and administrative structure
Who is eligible for Matsya Sampada Yojana?
scheme is open for the fishermen of the country and the main objective of the scheme is to improve the fishery compound in the country.
All of the below fishermen of the country are free to apply in this scheme.
- Fish farmers
- The Fish workers and Fish vendors
- Fisheries Development corporations
- Self Help Groups (SHGs)/Joint Liability Groups (JLGs) in fisheries sector
- Fisheries cooperatives
- Fisheries Federations
- Entrepreneurs and private firms
- Fish Farmers Producer Organizations/Companies (FFPOs/Cs)
- SCs/STs/Women/Differently abled persons
- State Governments/UTs and their entities including
- State Fisheries Development Boards (SFDB)
- Central Government and its entities
Expected Result Of The PMMSY
The scheme will have the following impact on the overall community of fisheries in India:-
- The scheme will help in enhancing fish production from 137.58 lakh metric tons (2018-19) to 220 lakh metric tons by 2024-25.
- It scheme will sustain average annual growth of about 9% in fish production
- The scheme will help in boosting an increase in the contribution of GVA of the fisheries sector to the Agriculture GVA from 7.28% in 2018-19 to about 9% by 2024-25.
- The scheme will double export earnings from Rs.46,589 crores (2018-19) to about Rs.1,00,000 crores by 2024-25.
- The scheme will improve productivity in aquaculture from the present national average of 3 tonnes to about 5 tonnes per hectare.
- It will decrease the post-harvest losses from the reported 20-25% to about 10%.
- The PMMSY will help in the improvement of domestic fish consumption from about 5-6 kg to about 12 kg per capita.
- The PMMSY will create about 55 lakh direct and indirect employment possibilities in the fisheries sector along with the supply and value chain.
- Registration Procedure
- There is no specific registration procedure which is announced by the government of India to apply for the scheme but as soon as the detail application procedure is out we will inform you through this website only.
About e-Gopala App
e-Gopala App was launched at same time for farmers.
The special feature of e-goapla app
- With the help of e-Gopala app platform farmers can manage livestock
- Buying and selling of disease-free germplasm in all forms;
- Availability of quality breeding services and guiding farmers for animal nutrition,
- Treatment of animals using appropriate ayurvedic medicine/ethnoveterinary medicine.