How do I manage Signal as my default SMS/MMS app?
- Tap on three dot icons on t op right corner and select settings
- tap on sms and mms
- tap on sms disabled
Readers must note that this option of using Signal as your default sms/mms app is only available as on now ot android users.
In Signal, tap your profile
- To make Signal the default, tap SMS Disabled.
- To remove Signal as the default and to switch to another SMS/MMS app, tap SMS Enabled to select another app.
When Signal is your unified messenger:
- In your contact list, both Signal contacts and non-Signal contacts will be displayed. A blue letter in the outside column will indicate it is a Signal contact.
- Learn how to distinguish when communication is private (Signal message) or insecure (SMS/MMS).
When Signal is not your default SMS/MMS app:
- Your Signal contact list will only list other Signal users.
- Only private messages will be sent or received in Signal.
My Signal contact is offline, how do I send insecure SMS/MMS?
You can tap and hold or long-press the send button on Android to switch to an insecure SMS which will have a grey send button .